Advice Needed from owners of Mike's Labs

From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Aug 16 1995 - 23:20:32 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 02:20:32 -0400
From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Advice Needed from owners of Mike's Labs

Before I spend mo money on another Meritex base fin for my 9'0 1994 Mike's
Lab, I'd like advice on what fin works well with it. I have a 15-1/2 inch
Meritex blade fin; with that, the board rails up too much with a 5.5 although
it does point WAY upwind.

This board is very thick in the tail, thicker than the 1995 design.

Here's the question: What fin would work well with a 5.5 Prisma on this
board, so I could sail this big board and float back to shore at 3rd when the
wind shuts down this time of year? How about a fin that wouldn't hit every
sand bar?

Who sells Meritex base fins around here besides Meritex?

Anybody got an appropriate Meritex base fin to sell? Anybody got a Mistral
Electron to sell? (How'd that question get in here?:-)

And on the Mike's Lab subject, do these boards ever wear out? I've broken
the nose of my older one twice in about two weeks, after no mishaps for two
years.

Thanks

Bill