Re: Board Review: Bic Saxo 265

From: Greg Payne (grog@best.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 08 1995 - 15:12:41 PDT

Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 15:12:41 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: grog@best.com-DeleteThis (Greg Payne)
Subject: Re: Board Review: Bic Saxo 265

>I lost one of the twinser plugs the first time I sailed it.
>Do you know if Bic will send another one?

I talked to another guy who lost his twinser plugs and his deck pads and Bic
sent him replacements very quickly. They are aware of both problems.

>Also, the rep in the shop recommended that I use tape or a sticker
>to cover the holes.
>
>What kind of glue did you use to for the twinser plugs?

I coated the plugs with a thin layer of silicon glue and then stuck them in.
They have not moved since. I figure if I ever do decide to use the twinser
fins the silicon glue will peel off fairly easy.

>Also, was it okay regluing the deck pads?

After using an "All Purpose Cement" on the pads I got a little worried about
what it would do to the surface of the board but no problems yet. I'm not
sure what type of glue is best.

>Have you used the Bic base and foot? It seems nice, but
>the foot I got has no extension, so I haven't used it.

Bic's base and foot LOOKS like junk to me so I have never used them. Maybe
someone else can comment on the quality. I use the Chinook base and foot.

>How does the Saxo handle upwind?

Great! It really points well.

>Have you tried the slalom pad adjustments on the edges?
>I have only used the wave adjustments in the center.

Same here.

>Maybe we'll see each other on the water some time.
>And go take it in the surf. It loves slashing wave faces.

Yea, I am about ready to try some wave sailing. That's one reason I bought
the board. I drive a red E-150 van and am at 3rd Ave most afternoons so stop
by and say howdy.

Later,
greg