Coyote/3rd Thursday report

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jul 28 1995 - 09:43:18 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:43:18 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coyote/3rd Thursday report

Strange day yesterday. I got to 3rd about 4:30, wind was _very_ light on the
inside, with 5.5 conditions in the channel. Those heading out were barely
slogging all the way out to the channel. I decided to blow it off, and check
out Coyote. I'd been getting pages from coyote that were averaging 18, and
sure enough, the wind was filled in all the way to the beach at Coyote. I
rigged my 5.8/8'10", and was hooked in, in the straps before I got beyond the
swim area. I sailed out to the channel, and was fully wound. I sailed from
about 6:30-7:30. I just wish I'd gotten out earlier.

The wind was very northerly, and was filled in at Coyote, but not at 3rd. I've
seen this before, but can't explain why. It doesn't really make sense to me.
I was beginning to think the pager sensor at Coyote was hosed, but once I
got there, I could see that it was accurate.

~Jim
Forsyth 9'2" slalom, Forsyth 8'10" bump/jump, 8'6" Clam Sandwich
Rushwind Race Sails (6.9-5.0)/Rushwind Convertibles (5.0-3.4)
Height 6'8", Weight 225lbs (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)