Re: Anyone sail this weekend?

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Apr 10 1995 - 11:56:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 11:56:17 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Anyone sail this weekend?

============ Sun 9 Apr 95

Malcom and I got to Coyote with great expectations at 2:30 just as
everyone was coming in because the N wind had died. We stood around for
about half an hour and suddenly the wind returned, more NW this time. I
rigged my new-to-me '94 Windwing 6.2 Race Pro and my old beat up 9'0,
Malcom 5.8/10'0 and we went out and were well powered. But as I went to
jibe, my fin felt funny - I had popped the finsaver. Reverse fin, sail
back in, replace finsaver, beach start with a tiny bottom drag and
whoops - popped another one!

I gave up and switched to my 8'8 board. By now the wind was 5.2 (20-22
knots) and I gave the 6.2 a real workout. It really handles great! I
had just one more equipment failure: my arms wore out very quickly.
After a rest and another go I discovered it was 6:00 (already?) and past
time to leave.

A nice spring day!

"If it doesn't hurt, you weren't going fast enough."