Re: Anyone sail this weekend?

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Apr 10 1995 - 09:49:34 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Anyone sail this weekend?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 09:49:34 -0700 (PDT)

'Kirk Lindstrom says:'
> I left Coyote Sat before it came up, but I heard it was sailable, but
> goofy direction and shifty.
>
> Sunday it was Northerly and some of us sailed/ mostly slogged and
> practiced light wind stuff for an hour around noon. It came up to
> typical Coyote wind later (20-23Knots) and I sailed 6.2/8'11" until my
> forearms fell off...8-)

I was backpacking at Henry Coe State Park on Saturday and Sunday.
When we left the park on Sunday, there was a steady NW wind near 101
and Morgan Hill. I know that generally when the wind gets this strong
and consistent at Morgan Hill/Gilroy, that San Luis is kicking. I called
a ranger Monday morning, and she confirmed that it had been screaming all
Sunday in town (she wasn't on duty on the reservoir, but she was close
enough to the sailing site that her observation probably held for
there as well). If it weren't for the small details that every muscle
in my body ached, and I didn't have my gear, I would have headed
south.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis