Re: Kona - Hawaii

From: Gregg Holtmeier (Gregg.Holtmeier@quickmail.llnl.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Mar 06 1995 - 17:28:34 PST

Date: 6 Mar 1995 17:28:34 -0800
From: "Gregg Holtmeier" <Gregg.Holtmeier@quickmail.llnl.gov-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Kona - Hawaii
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

>I'm going to be spending a few days at the start of April in the Kona area
>(opposite side of the island from Hilo) on the big island of Hawaii. Can
anyone
>tell me if there is any windsurfing in that area and where I could rent gear?
>I'm there for non-windsurfing reasons, but would like to fit in a few hours
on
>the water. Thanks.

I was in Kona a year ago and did not see any places renting windsurfing gear
or any windsurfing shops. I only recall a couple of surf shops on the island.
I wanted to rent a surf board and only saw one long board in lousy shape that
was available. There were lots of boogie board rentals.

Gregg Holtmeier