Re: Kona - Hawaii

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 07 1995 - 14:20:48 PST

Subject: Re: Kona - Hawaii
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 95 14:20:48 -0800
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

I was also in kona a year ago. The only windsurfing rentals I could find on the
island were at one of the resorts up on "A-bay" north of kona-kilua. They did
have some (well-worn, oldish) gear for rent, but it also appeared winds weren't
terribly consistent at that time of year (Dec), and they wouln't rent in
off-shore wind conditions. Windsurfing is essentially undiscovered on that
island as far as I could figure out. My main theory is/was the lack of
acceptable sites (i.e. entry/exit access & difficulty, wind orientation, wave
orientation, etc.) -- but I gotta believe that there is stuff to be had there
for the prepared & determined adventurer.

Jeff