Re: 3rd ave

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 16 1994 - 12:26:23 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: 3rd ave
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 12:26:23 -0700 (PDT)

'LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis says:'
> I just spoke with a very pleasant gentleman at Vela, Keith Koenig, he is
> assembling a database of everyone who sails at 3rd. Please fax him at (415)
> 525-2086. Give him your name, address, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail
> (even though he's not online yet) send it re:3rd ave, SFBA and Attn: Keith
>
> Also Keith told me he went to the FC city council meeting, the whole 23 acre
> sight has been given the nod for a golf development company. Before you
> panick, Keith did speak on behalf of us and so far the developers are open to
> maintaining our launch site & even improving it. The developer, I think they
> are called V.B. Golf, now has to do a more detailed proposal for FC. Keith is
> going to be meeting with V.B. after they get their drawings done. V. B.
> sounds like they may be aware of how negative PR can hurt them. SFBA & Vela
> are hoping to schedule another meeting at 3rd before the end of September,
> let's see if we can all be there for this one. I'm not pointing fingers, I
> was in the Delta for the last one.

Can anyone think of a more awful place to play golf in the Summer with 25
knot side-course winds? These guys didn't help build Candlestick, by any
chance, did they? :)

Vela should inquire about sub-leasing area around the launch site. It
would improve the value of the golf course by giving the golfers something
interesting to watch as they played. The golf course would also get
additional income from the windsurfers who visited the eating areas. I
think it is a win-win for Vela and VB Golf, and us.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis