Re: Warning: adjustable WH bases

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Jun 18 1994 - 00:23:17 PDT

Date: Sat, 18 Jun 1994 00:23:17 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Warning: adjustable WH bases

> The newer model WSH camfoots appear to have fixed the problem.

There is a similar problem with the Chinook two-bolt quick-release mast
foot in the original (1992) model. It was not shock related, but the
quick-release slider could be hooked by a mast pad strap and become
quick-released unexpectedly. I had this happen once at Coyote (I caught
the board, thank god) and a couple of other times the corner of the
slider was caught and bent way out of shape.

You can tell these from the current model (introduced in 1993) because
the newer one has a little catch you have to depress before the
slider can move to release the universal. Chinook replaced the
plastic parts (mast foot and slider) for free when I asked.

"I'm a scientist, nothing shocks me." -- Indiana Jones