re:Rescue at 3rd

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jun 08 1994 - 08:09:34 PDT

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 08:09:34 -0700
From: schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: re:Rescue at 3rd

I once found a sailor with just his rig. He never found the board.
With three trips, I was able to
  1) carry his mast and booms in by tieing his mast to mine at the
     top and bottom and putting his booms on my mast just above my
     booms.
  2) carry his sail in an old sail bag that I got after the first trip
     to the beach. I had a tough time with water in the bag until
     I figured out that I should put the bag handle over my shoulder with
     the tied entrance pointing down so the water would drain out. Then
     it was no problem.
  3) tow him in with him holding on to a rope with a loop tied to the
     end.
With two sailors, I bet one could take the sail in and the other could
tow the sailor/mast/board/booms in. I found that the mast tied parallel
to my mast really hurt the performance of my sail and made it hard to
use. The extra set of booms on my sail was not a problem.

Schuh

========
Michael J. Schuh, MS 227-6 | schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis
NASA Ames Research Center | Phone: (415) 604-1460
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 | FAX: (415) 604-4357