Weekend report

From: Matt Yamamoto (matt@hpisod9.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue May 31 1994 - 13:22:33 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, phaman@ccmail.apldbio.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Weekend report
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 13:22:33 -0700
From: Matt Yamamoto <matt@hpisod9.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>

Saturday:

   Sailed way overpowered at 3rd Ave from 4:30 - 6:30 on a 5.1 Race.
   There was some fairly good swell despite the flood tide. The wind
   was the most consistent I have seen it all spring - not holey or gusty.

Sunday:

   Stopped by 3rd Ave at 5PM and most people were coming in on 4.5s.
   The wind had dropped off to about about 5.5 at 5PM. Apparently a 4.5
   was more than enough at 4PM.

   I headed north to Oyster Pt. When I got there most people were
   coming in on 4.0s as the wind was dropping off. I rigged a 5.1 Race
   and sailed mostly overpowered from 5:30 - 7:30. Tigers was the most
   gusty and holey I have ever seen it - as bad or worse than Candlestick
   usually is. Water was fairly flat despite the strong wind.

Monday:

   SFO and Coyote windtalker were reporting light southwest winds in the
   early afternoon. Whenever this happens I usually check Crissy and
   Berkeley. Sure enough the windtalker at Crissy was reporting 11 - 30
   avging 19 at 3PM. I got to Crissy at 4 and most people were out on
   4.5s. It was filled in to shore. I rigged my 5.1 Race and sailed
   way overpowered until about 6:30 when the wind dropped off quickly.
   Crissy had close together washboard chop inside and flat water
   outside. The strong wind made staying upwind fairly easy despite the
   moderate flood.

-matt