Call of the Wind windtalkers

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Mar 16 1994 - 17:57:55 PST

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 17:57:55 -0800
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Call of the Wind windtalkers
Cc: poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis

In case you haven't seen this yet, a new company is offering paging
service that is built into a network of windtalkers. Jim Mansfield,
owner of Call of the Wind, (I think that is his name) is publishing the
phone #s of the windtalkers as a promotion. The windtalkers will
eventually be taken off line, and CotW will offer access to the
windtalkers for $.25 /call, sold in blocks. These are the windtalkers
that are doing the paging for the paging service, so you can call them
for a limited time to test their accuracy.

Anyway, I've included the numbers, and I think they were also published
in the latest WindTracks.

BTW, these are the latest windtalkers, that have a feature that if you
press the # button for one second on your touch-tone phone, it will
disconnect immediately. This will allow the talker to handle more
calls on a busy day, since it won't go through it's entire speel even
after you hang up. So if you call these numbers, but don't listen to
the entire windtalker report, press # before you hangup!

NEW FEATURES OF THESE WINDTALKERS: By entering a 0, 1, 2, or 3 on your
touch-tone phone, you can find out the highest average wind speed
recorded and the times they took place. 0 being the current day, 1 the
day before and so on. To retrieve this information simply wait for the
report to say "good-bye" and enter the number of the day you wish.
Pressing the # sign will by-pass the current report and say "good-bye",
at which time you can enter the number of the day's report you want.

Coyote Point - (415) 343-0151 CotW Crissy - (415) 567-6828 CotW Waddel Creek - (408) 457-2979 CotW Sherman Island - (916) 777-5807 CotW Berkeley Marina - (510) 549-9303 CotW San Luis Resv - (209) 826-5700 CotW

The Coyote Point talker is actually at C.P., but I'm not sure exactly
where. The Crissy, Sherman Isl and San Luis Resv. talkers are separate
from the windtalkers maintained by the respective windsurfing
associations for those locations.

For more information on Call of the Wind:
FAX 805-658-6444
VOICE 800 WINDCALL
P.O. BOX 1281
VENTURA, CA 93002
I am NOT affiliated with Call of the Wind.

Jim Paugh
jpaugh@eng.sun.com-DeleteThis