Our Wonderful Weather

From: Will Estes (westes@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1993 - 11:27:27 PDT

From: westes@netcom.com-DeleteThis (Will Estes)
Subject: Our Wonderful Weather
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 11:27:27 PDT

I had an interesting discussion with a forecaster at NWS this
weekend. He told me that the high pressure system that is normally
located off our coast has been replaced by a high pressure system
off of Alaska. Normally our high pressure system moves all of the
storm activity during the summer around us. But now the high is in
Alaska, and its presence helps to channel all of Pacific storm
activity right at us.

When I asked him how long that high pressure system is likely to
remain around off of Alaska, he told me: "Well, high pressure
systems are really hard to predict. Could be gone next week, but
then again it might be there all summer."

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@netcom.com-DeleteThis