Re: Give Thanks for Wind

From: Manuel P (msprieto@hotmail.com-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 12:35:14 PST

From: "Manuel P" <msprieto@hotmail.com-DeleteThis.com>
To: wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com
Subject: Re: Give Thanks for Wind
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:35:14 +0000

Peter,
Thanks for Wind and thanks for the warning.

I got a late start but sailed Alameda between 1:30 and 3:45 pm considerably
overpowered on a 4.5
Once the stinging rain front passed, the wind decreased considerably. A few
guys seemed to be enjoying what was left on 5.0s and 5.5s well into the last
few rays of light.

Regarding the temperature, it seems you sailed earlier in the day (which
also seemed warmer). All the same, even though Alameda didn't feel
particularly warm for this spoiled summer sailor(the water reminded me of
mid september at Waddell). Discomfort turns to pain only in the absence of
wind.

msprieto@hotmail.com-DeleteThis.com

"Navigare necesse est"
[To sail is necessary][Naviguer est necessaire][Navegar es necesario]
-Gnaeus Pompeius