Re: Breakdown report at 3rd yesterday

From: Dave Polzer (dpolzer@pacbell.net-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 13:02:43 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:02:43 -0700
From: Dave Polzer <dpolzer@pacbell.net-DeleteThis.com>
Subject: Re: Breakdown report at 3rd yesterday
To: wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com

Good to hear all went well... just thought I'd add my 2 cents...

I've had the same breakdown occur to me and was very greatful for the saftey
rope that ties the 2 universal pieces together. If you dont have that 3"
rope then make sure you add one.. I had seen my buddy have the exact same
breakdown and he was able to sail it back in with just the saftey rope
attaching the sail to board but his board took quite a beating....

Here is where my good fortune came in and I thought I'd just pass it
along... I've always used a volcano pad around the universal due to the
numerous times I'd kick it stubbing my toe... but it also came in handy
after my universal broke. It served as adaquate padding to save my board
from the pounding of the mast while getting get back in.

So needless to say now I try and never sail without a Volcano Pad and I pay
a great deal of attention to the saftey line and or webbing on my
universals.. because the do work. Was I ever happy to not only make back in
but also with a completely unharmed board.

See ya at third!

Dave Polzer