sometimes I ride them, and sometimes.....

From: zeev_gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 23:51:25 PDT

From: zeev_gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Subject: sometimes I ride them, and sometimes.....
To: wind_talk@jr.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis
Cc: joani.g.gur@ac.com-DeleteThis, GaliaGur@aol.com-DeleteThis, a_j_gur@hotmail.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 02:51:25 -0400

they ride me. The waves in the ocean is what I am talking
about.............

Monday - Stinson Beach. I was not planning to sail, but the gear was in
the truck, where it lives from April-Nov. When we go to beach it was solid
5.7 (210#) with knee high waves. I had a fun 2 hour session. got light
towards the end, still fun to ride knee slappers from one end of the beach
to the other. I pointed up to the north side of the beach, and as the wind
backed off I just rode waves to the south part of the beach where I
launched. Fun, easy, no sand in mast. We had dinner on the beach while
watching the sun set over bolinas (salmon and red wine taste great on the
beach) Great day, Zeev rides waves.

Today - Waddell. looked windier then it was. Sure felt warm. I went out
on 5.7. Ok for first 1.5 hours, light later on. The waves were logo high,
and were getting bigger as the wind was getting more fluky. I tried to
catch one of the big mothers just outside the impact zone. Blew my tack,
and fell. The jacking up of the waves moved me closer to impact zone. I
see a big one jacking up in front of me. work hard to water start. Just
as I get my sail flying, the Mack truck made up of clear green water takes
me and my rig and throws me over the falls. I hand on as long as I can.
The power of the wave tears my rig out of my hands. The big swim starts.
I get to my stuff on the beach - torn sail. Blew out the second panel from
the top. It was a 3.5 year old North Sail (convertigo) - it needed to be
replaced. Some would say that those sails don't belong in the surf, I
happen to agree. Glad that board/mast/boom were not trashed. Delighter
that the body was not more trashed. From the power of the wave, I am
surprised that my stuff made it through that powerful rinsing - including
my spine.

A good day, the wave rides on Zeev. Fun rides, a bit more pain, tons more
sand in equipment - it's waddell.

"Some days are diamonds,
Some days are rough"
          Tom Petty and the Heartbreaks.