iW and Third Avenue action

From: George Haye (geohaye@yahoo.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 13:09:11 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: George Haye <geohaye@yahoo.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: iW and Third Avenue action
To: wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis

Gang-
(1) wind_talk digest format is nice.

(2) Francois is right -- Ken Poulton's (and Jonathan
Hahn's) contributions to Bay Area sailors are
priceless. Thanks, Ken! Keep it up.

(3) Yes, Dave, I'll give my Space Tech mast to NASA
Space Tech Mark. I've broken 2 North masts this year.
Mark's turn. See you guys at Third today (Tuesday).

(4) Good comment, Manuel: Yes, Cathy, please kick
David's butt. : ) When's our next SFBA Board meeting?

(5) Jim Martin and David St. John have been doing the
Call of the Wind thing since 1992. Phil Atkinson has
been doing the Wind Hotline thing (east coast) since
1986. Together, we've been doing the iWindsurf.com
thing since 1999.

(6) Pierre - good luck with your efforts. Getting a
serious injury from being hit in the head by a golf
ball and then being told by the golf course owner to
'go away' must really suck.

(7) Jeff - Over the years, I've seen far scarier
things than ZuluSports.com. : )

(8) In case isn't clear to anyone: iWindsurf.com was
not purchased by Zulu. We entered a partnership with
them to, as Jeff suggested, help us survive. We
provide a tremendous amount of free information to
windsurfers nationwide. We also employ several
top-notch meteorologists to provide forecasts across
the nation. We charge $4/month to Web members who want
forecasts (among other things) because meteorologists
do not work for free. Pager memberships involve even
greater costs on our end -- and provide the greatest
info to our customers -- thus the end cost is higher -
although less than a tank of gas! ($16.95/month for
California folks). We also require advertising on our
site, in order to keep our business going. **Without
advertising, our rates would need to be much, much
higher.** We are doing the best we can. If any of this
does not make sense to you, you can send me an email:
george@iwindsurf.com.-DeleteThis

(9) Those with extra energy, eyes for detail,
opinions, etc., you can send all the iWindsurf.com
ideas & feedback you want to me any time you
want(george@iwindsurf.com-DeleteThis), but there are also other
ways to fight hard to help make our windsurfing world
a better place. Here's one--

SFBA Third Avenue Committee - As Bruce Mills mentioned
to me, there has been a lot of focus on SFO activism,
but we also need to keep our eyes on Third
Avenue-specific issues. Randy, Jay, Greg, myself, and
others have been working on Third Avenue issues over
recent years. However we need help going forward,
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP PROTECT / IMPROVE ACCESS AT
THIRD AVENUE - let's get an SFBA Third Avenue
Committee going. SEND ME AN EMAIL (geohaye@yahoo.com-DeleteThis)
IF YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED. I can help by collecting
names, and we'll see who wants to lead the group?

Now let's go out and shred!

~George Haye
iWindsurf.com (george@iwindsurf.com-DeleteThis)

San Francisco Boardsailing Association, Board of
Directors (geohaye@yahoo.com-DeleteThis)