Re: [SFBAeNews] NOW or say goodbye

From: George Haye (geohaye@yahoo.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:45:14 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: George Haye <geohaye@yahoo.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: [SFBAeNews] NOW or say goodbye
To: wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis

What would SFO offer us in return? They could offer us
all a one-time 10-cents-off coupon for a soft drink in
the terminal.

As we spoke about at the SFBA Board meeting last
night, if SFO does a deal to flood the Cargill salt
ponds in the South Bay, they will probably: (1)
destroy healthy wetlands which would become flooded;
(2) end windsurfing on most days at most sites
automatically by lowering the effective tide levels by
1 1/2 feet in the South Bay. Palo Alto, THIRD AVENUE,
Old Third Ave, Seal Point would be devestated. Combine
that with Oyster Point, Flying Tigers, Genentech,
Marriott Flats, Embassy Suites, and COYOTE POINT being
physically cut off from the Bay and silted in -- we
are left with no windsurfing access at all.

~George

--- Allen H Zimmermann <allen.zimmermann@gte.net-DeleteThis>
wrote:
> What you are talking about is mitigation. The
> trouble with the runway
> expansion is the immense size of this project. Not
> only will it destroy
> Coyote, it will have severe impacts on Third Ave.
> too. This project will
> most likely wipe out windsurfing on the Peninsula,
> period. So what do you
> suggest SFO could give you to make up for this
> incredible loss?? Please
> come out to our SFBA meeting next Thurs. [AUGUST 3,
2000] at the