Changes *** Important

From: George Haye (geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 14:29:01 PST

From: "George Haye" <geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Changes *** Important
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:29:01 -0800

Hi all,
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING PROTECTING OUR WINDSURF SPOTS:
Those wanting to get involved with the SFBA projects to protect our windsurf
sites, etc., now's the time. There's much to do, the threats are REAL, and
we can work together to stay on top of things are protect what we have. It's
worth it.

One very active person will no longer be able to keep up the tempo: Me. At
my previous job, I had a good 40 hour/week work schedule and I was able to
do 20 hours/week on SFBA stuff over the past year and a half. (I get large
#s of emails and I've been working on a lot of windsurf access-related
projects.) The truth is that there are more issues now than ever, and we've
become a very active group based on massive participation of a few and
decent participation by many. But we need more active members, and we need
them NOW.

As for me -- I've got a new job, and life for me has changed. I will keep
doing the SFBA eNews, and I'll keep aware of everything going on the best I
can, but I will need the people working on the projects to feed info to me.
The days of me being able to do 20 hours/week for SFBA are gone. No one
reading this is expected to do that much, but if you can get involved and do
a few hours per month or more, WE WILL be able to save our windsurf spots.
There is a lot to lose! THIS IS NO TIME TO DOZE OFF.

So, if you have even a little time, get more involved in the issues. At any
time you can write to Richard Zimmerman and join the group working on the
SFO project to save Coyote & thus protect 3rd Ave from overcrowding... Email
him and tell him you're really interested in getting involved:
windrider@ProtectOurBay.com-DeleteThis

And, we'll have notices of EVENTS & MEETINGS to go to, and specific
volunteers-needed announcements from time to time, in the eNewsletters.

It's up to all of us to do what we can. We can't expect Peter Thorner,
Richard Zimmerman, etc. to do it all. They can't and they won't. Several
other people are involved -- thank you!! But we need more volunteers to
really take some aspects of these projects under their wings. Please
consider going for it.

Bookmarks/Favorites:
SFBA: www.sfba.org
ProtectOurBay (Richard Zimmerman's website re SFO): www.ProtectOurBay.org