Re: LASIK

From: John Morris (jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 11:17:24 PDT

Sender: jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:17:24 -0700
From: John Morris <jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: LASIK

> no disrespect, but I would also appreciate this discussion taken
> elsewhere.

Ed,

I would like to thank you for the information on LASIK. Even though it
may seem off-topic to some people, it is both timely and directly
related to windsurfing for me.

I currently wear contacts lenses. Contacts are fine for most activities,
but they are very frustrating for windsurfing. I probably lose a contact
lense every other session or so. My solution so far has been to switch
to cheap, daily disposable lenses that I can afford to lose. Once I lose
them I "make do" with poor vision until I get back to shore. So far, I
haven't run into anybody.

I was thinking of LASIK as solution to my windsurfing contact lense
problem. I need to decide whether to set money aside in a medical
reimbursemnt account for having surgery next year.

I've been going back and forth on the decision. At first, I was all for
it. Since then, I've been wavering and will probably hold off on having
LASIK. The website you mentioned reinforces my concerns.

Again, thank you for your post.

   - John Morris