Re: CC Times Reporter wants to talk re Albany WS Site

From: Booker Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 11:56:39 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:56:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Booker Bense <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: "David R. Fielder" <dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis>
Cc: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, George Haye <geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: CC Times Reporter wants to talk re Albany WS Site

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, David R. Fielder wrote:

[ I volunteered to call the CC times reporter ]

> Booker,
> Great! Would you send a WindTalk email about the "results"?

- I talked with her for about 10 minutes. She was mostly interested
in how the news got around to call the Albany City manager.
Apparently, the city is not the governing agency for the new park.
It does have input, but is not the planning body. I <think> she
said it was going to be a regional park , she mentioned an
Eastbay shoreline park... Is that familiar to anybody ?

- Anyway, she asked me about what was required for access and
some of the history of what's been going on the last couple of
seasons. Apparently the Albany city manager was pretty overwhelmed
by the calls, over 50 a day for a couple days ( good work.. ).

- She also seemed interested in the general question of access to
the bay and might do a follow up article on the larger issues.

- Booker C. Bense