Lost fin?

From: Burton, Tony (tburton@visa.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 20:16:46 PDT

From: "Burton, Tony" <tburton@visa.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Lost fin?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:16:46 -0700

Has anybody seen my fin around the 8A channel marker Wednesday afternoon?
It can really ruin an afternoon of fun, especially after the countless
number of "dead" day's we've had when you get totally launched and somehow
your board flips wildly out of control, the fin clips the boom (which was
only a few weeks old) and is now bent - consider it destroyed, and then
breaks the fin at the base, leaving the fin box intact ( I think?).
Needless to say, I had to remain calm (it was flooding) and figure out how I
was gonna make it in safely.
Well, one thing I learned from this "list serv" take your harness off, and
strap it to your foot strap. Worked great - tough on the arms and shoulders,
but I made it in safely.

Oh by the way, if the person who stopped when they saw me go wildly out of
control is reading this, I didn't catch your name, but I sincerely
appreciate you staying with me until I made it back. Thanks again!

Tony