Thu @ 3rd

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 12:31:30 PDT

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Thu @ 3rd

============= Thu 19 Aug 99 - 3rd - 6.0/8'11 (192#) 3:50-5:30

Had a nice time on 6.0 with the new big board. It was pretty strong
for the 6.0 when I first went out, so much that both Jay and I came in
for a bit more downhaul. There was some nice small swell out by the
barge buoys. After that, it was fine, but the wind slowly dropped until
I was almost the only sailor left in marginal wind about 5:30. I was
ecstatic to be sailing in rather than swimming in for a Walk of Shame.

By 5:45 the wind had returned to 6.0 level for those late arrivals.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they
make as they go flying by."