RE: RE: Rip Tides and Ocean Safety (or how I nearly drowned/got e aten

From: Brad James (bjames@exponent.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 14:55:28 PDT

From: Brad James <bjames@exponent.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: RE: Rip Tides and Ocean Safety (or how I nearly drowned/got e aten
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:55:28 -0700

There are times you need to dive under a wave while you are with or near
your equipment. Wearing a life jacket in these situations won't let you
dive and could have you go thru the rinse and tumble cycle with all your
gear - not a good idea at all.

Note that on most any day at Waddell or Davenport you won't see one person
out there wearing a life jacket. Wearing a lifejacket on a big day could
get you seriously hurt.

Thanks for posting your story Ed... man, that dorsal fin part of it is
pretty spooky!

Brad