RE: maui rental gear

From: Jeff Milum (jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 10:24:27 PDT

From: Jeff Milum <jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: maui rental gear
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:24:27 -0700

Ed I've been waiting for you. We've have had this discussion previously on
rec.windsurfing.

My two cents is that I've heard bad stories about hi-tech and Maui
Windsurfing Company too.

I can only say that my wife and I have rented from HISS 10 times and have
nothing good to say about their gear and service. Julie Umetsu is
outstanding in the accomodations department.

If you are really wanting a board bag for your rental board, don't go to
HISS, they don't have them.

In general with most of the shops you can reserve specific gear for the day
you get there, I would recommend this. I would also check out all the
inventory and pick the individual pieces you want that are in the best
condition. Most shops let you do this. I'd also highly recommend going
somewhere with a bunch of the Naish boards, the best boards I've ridden ever
and the only time I've ridden a rental board that I like more than my own
gear.