RE: maui rental gear

From: Jeff Milum (jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 12:01:35 PDT

From: Jeff Milum <jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: maui rental gear
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:01:35 -0700

I've had good experience with Hawaiian Island Surf and Sport. They've been
really good to me over the years. They have mostly Neil Pryde and Naish
sails, and f2, Mistral, and the new Naish boards (the 8-5 and 8-7 rip!).

They also have a good accomodations and travel group, Julie Imitsu has
really helped us out over the years. Call her up if you're looking for help
on accomodations and cars. She has personally seen most of the places they
recommend so is a good resource. They have a lot of North Shore listings.

Recently I saw a posts on rec.windsurfing by one individual who had a bad
experience with them (he recommends Simmer instead, although they are in
Paia), but they seem to have a lot of repeat business too including about 7
repeats from myself.

There is also a posting here that has info about a bunch of the shops:

http://www.maui.net/~mauiwind/MWR/shops.html