Re: Call of the Wind-Data request

From: Dave Hoagland (bayrider@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 17:12:33 PDT

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:12:33 -0700
From: Dave Hoagland <bayrider@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Call of the Wind-Data request

I agree. Crissy hasn't blown consistently in a couple of years. Three
or four years ago you could sail there virtually every afternoon during
prime season, ebb or flood, with nothing larger than a 6.0. It usually
blew till dark as well.

I also am happy with COTW, although the Crissy reports seemed a little
off lately. Personally, I don't want any more data, just a good forecast
and as accurate as possible wind speeds. All the pointy headed data in
the world will not improve this situation.

Scott Winkler wrote:
> Currently, with the predominant W/SW flow we see, w/ generally marginal
> conditions, all the major sites have gusty, shifting winds, w/ large inside
> wind holes. COWT and all the other web resources very accurately present a
> ton of data that all point to the same thing: The weather (at least for
> windsurfing) sucks!
>
> Comments?

'Watchin' the ships roll in, then I watch 'em roll away again'
Dave Hoagland /H\ /H\
Bayrider@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis ___/_H_\_/_H_\___
                             H H