Re: Why are the reports useless?

From: Greg Harris (harris@Synopsys.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 11:59:17 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:59:17 -0800
From: Greg Harris <harris@Synopsys.COM-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, david@windcall.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Why are the reports useless?

I think you touched on it at the end of your message but I wasn't 100%
percent sure what you guys were thinking of incorporating to the
website, so this is a request of what I want. I'd like to see exactly
how they are calibrated for all the wind directions and to have it on
the web. Maybe even a note as to where the sensor is. It would clue
people in to what's going on with the sensors far better. There is an
issue of trust now - we don't really know what's going on with the
sensors and we know calibrations are made and we're really sensitive to
anything that is happens to them.

Being told "it changed, it's more accurate now" is not something people
want to hear because all our experience with the sensor is suddenly
thrown out the window. For the directions 250-290 degrees it's adding
10% to the readings is more exact and something people can incorporate.

Being able to simply look at all calibration values at the web would
make it so we can check whenever we want to see if any changes were made
as well. That way, even if we miss an announcement we can still find
out whether or not it's changed instead of repeatedly going out to the
sailing site to see that it looks like it's a great time to go
waterskiing. Thanks.

Greg