RE: Crissy Field Update - IMPORTANT PARKING CHANGES!

From: Stephen Hiley (SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 10:16:08 PDT

From: Stephen Hiley <SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>, "'cprince@ggnpa.org-DeleteThis'" <cprince@ggnpa.org-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Crissy Field Update - IMPORTANT PARKING CHANGES!
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:16:08 -0700

This problem is going to be compounded by the national windsurfing event
going on down there this week. I know that St. Francis secured Little
Marina Green for their use during the competition, but I would suspect that
the new Crissy lot will be overrun too.

Does anyone know the race schedule for this week? I am wondering if I am
going to be able to get in any after-work sailing there this week. If that
looks impossible, maybe I can at least watch some of the events from shore
:-(

Also, am I reading this right that the plan is to have a "turf" parking
area?? Grass is supreme for rigging/spectating areas. But with the volume
of traffic likely down there, it would seem like a turf parking area would
be ruined shortly after it is opened.