RE: CoW Sensor "Correction Factors"

From: Jeff Milum (jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 09:27:12 PDT

From: Jeff Milum <jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: CoW Sensor "Correction Factors"
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:27:12 -0700

Crissy is impossible to gauge a really accurate speed from COTW or any other
sensor. You need to deduct the reported speeds in west or nw winds. For
typical sw winds the high or gust is probably a more accurate depiction of
what is happening out on the water once you get out of the windshadow. I
also find the angel island readings from the DARDC sensors (NWS page) to be
a good indication of what it's doing in the middle if Crissy isn't fogged
in. Of course you have to get to the middle but that's a different story.