RE: Coyote to Alameda?

From: Lev Belov (levb@accept.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 13:51:10 PDT

From: "Lev Belov" <levb@accept.com-DeleteThis>
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Coyote to Alameda?
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:51:10 -0700

I'd be quite interested.

I don't think that returning in the flood in August is a good idea though as
the wind might die early in the day and we may get stuck in the middle of
the Bay in the flood.

My impression has been that the wind stays pretty strong all the way until
may be the last mile or so, but with a bigger board and a racier, rangier
bigger sail one should be able to make it. I sailed in Alameda a couple
times, and the wind usually picks up a bit once you get about .5 mile off
the beach.

Any Alameda regulars here?

- Lev