RE: Sherman!! - COTW wind meter issues

From: Jeff Milum (jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 14:56:52 PDT

From: Jeff Milum <jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Sherman!! - COTW wind meter issues
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:56:52 -0700

Yesterday was my first day at Sherman.

I can vouch for the 4.0 conditions. Most excellent sailing.

However, looking at the wind archives today, and the pager yesterday, it
didn't look anywhere close to 4.0.

In fact from 4-5pm the average was only 21! It was more like 31 I'd say.

I know that the wind meters are unreliable, but yesterday seemed really off.

Is the descrepancy between reality and COTW greater than ususal this season?

Was it the wind direction?