Lost at Flying Tigers

From: Stephen Hiley (SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 09:57:14 PDT

From: Stephen Hiley <SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Lost at Flying Tigers
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:57:14 -0700

Watched the wind speeds climing yesterday afternoon, I decided to check out
of work early and have another go at Flying Tigers to catch the favorable
timing on the tide. As I pulled up, the wind was blowing about 20, but a
mass of clouds were starting to roll in. Decided to go out anyway, 6.0,
190lb. Found some nice puffs starting out but these puffs got fewer and
farther between as the airflow seemed to become more detached from the
surface. Wound up getting more light air practice than I expected. Maybe
next time I will heed Mike Godsey's forcasting.

As an added bonus, I lost a blue True Ames Convert fin about 20 feet out
from the high water mark at the launch there (stupid!). If anybody happens
upon it or is by there at low tide, would you pick it up please?

-Steve
H: 415-440-6438
W: 415-438-8249