Re: Ebb? ... booms

From: Kevin Corr (kcorr@msn.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 12:07:24 PDT

From: "Kevin Corr" <kcorr@msn.com-DeleteThis>
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Ebb? ... booms
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:07:24 -0700

I'd like to vent my frustration about my Chinook booms. It's those little
slip-sleeves that the boom end telescopes with. With out question, I rinse
my boom off every session with fresh water. When I rig, I slide the boom end
out to the correct length and those sleeves slide with the boom end! To get
the end locked I have to coax the sleeves back into position and after 10
minutes my boom is ready to sail. The tolerances are real tight on those
sleeves! I think the corrosion sets up roughness. But 10 minutes of cursing
is still worth saving $200 for aluminum.
Kevin/230#/Xantos and Haut