LAST 3 DAYS at Coyote

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 11:35:24 PDT

Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:35:24 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: kenp - Ken Poulton <poulton@hplabs.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>, ken - Ken Follosco <kenfsail@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>, schuh - Michael Schuh <schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis>, Narayan Mohanram <narayan@neelum.COM-DeleteThis>, "jr - jrjohnston@earthlink.net-DeleteThis" <jrjohnston@earthlink.net-DeleteThis>, Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: LAST 3 DAYS at Coyote

All Coyote for me @225-230# depending on size of lunch

Fri. 5.1/8'8" RKT
Swell fun to surf coming in, hard to not stall with small board going out. Have
to sail fast to be in control and not stall in lulls and this is very tiring.
(since lulls were big)
Later Thomas let me try his wide glass board with a 5.5 Nice and easy and SLOW!

about 2 hrs total

Sat 5.5/Thomas' big boy glass wave board (he went to NY)
Fun and controllable but slow to react when you want to change directions
quickly in the swells.
VERY easy to not get too scared in big gusts.
Schlogs like a pig

Sun 5.5/8'10" Enduro
A keeper! Can nearly stall it to go slow if needed in big chop and fast to turn
and play in swell.
Not fast, but speed not needed in big days. Overall fast due to more control.
VERY fun to turn and play. Tail width and rocker seem key!
RKT shape is too much slalom VERY fast and easy in chop, but not good to play in
swellss on big days.
Glass too slow but sure makes you look good!
Was able to stay upwind with no problem until it died and I swam in. Still hit
middle of swimming area so I was well upwind!

Now I have an 8'8" RKT for sale... anyone need a good deal on an epoxy slalom
board?

Kirk

--
best regards