wave sailing at Larkspur

From: Zeev_Gur/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 22:23:00 PDT

From: Zeev_Gur/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: Kami_Semick/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis, Michael_Imperiale/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis, Karen_Rist/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis, "Erik Eiseman" <eeiseman@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis>, joani.g.gur@ac.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:23:00 -0700
Subject: wave sailing at Larkspur

Went to Berk at 2pm per the great readings on the pager.
A few folks going on on mid 5's - looked real good. Knowing
berkely I waited 5 minutes - sure enough, it dies down to
almost no wind. Since I made the drive, I decided to go out
on my big kit - 6.2/9'6". Planed off the beach and for the next
10 minutes. Then nothing. Not a F#$%ing wisper of wind.
Did the hula back to the launch. Sometimes this sport is
erotic and other times it drives you huts.

Jo meets me at the launch and goes - it's gotta be blowing
somewhere and I'm jonesing to sail. The fog bank seems
to have a finger extended into larkspur. We tear down my stuff
and drive over the bridge. Sure enough, it's blowing pretty good
for Larkspur. Jo goes out on 5.7/9'6" and planes for 2 hours.
When she comes in at 5, it's still pretty filled in so I go out
on the same kit. I plane off pretty good (207#) and once I make
it into the channel it's even better.

It just so happens to be "rush" hour for the farries. I noticed that
when they go by on the way in they create a pretty sweet wake.
The next one that goes by, I time it right and catch the first/front wake.
What an awesome ride. A perfect wind direction combined with a
knee high wave - at least 30 bottom turns and a few real off the lips.
I am in heaven. I am also at this point the onle one on the water.
What's up with that? The people on the Ferry are diggin it, not
anywhere as much as me. These waves are a blast. If you wait way
before the prison, you can have one heck of a long wave ride. No
impace zone, no other sailors to contend with - great wave sailing
with Mt. Tam looking over you. The sleeping princess was smiling ;-)
I am still grining from ear to ear.......

"Scuze me while I kiss the sky"
                    Jimmy