Re: Windsight

From: Matt Yamamoto (matt@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 23 1999 - 17:32:54 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: matt@wallach.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Windsight
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:32:54 -0700
From: Matt Yamamoto <matt@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>

I had a similar experience with Windsight running up multiple charges in
a single month when I was not even actively using the account. My
account balance was over $180 and I had not used the account in several
months. They explained that it was a billing program problem and that
they could reset my automatic account billing to some reasonable value.
At that time, I also asked them to refund to my credit card most of the
balance. They continued to charge money to my card so I canceled my
membership. I don't believe they ever refunded any of the funds in my
account.

Windsight has a web page at the following URL:

        http://www.windsight.com

and they give the following contact info on their web page:

        For any billing questions call 1 800 934-2278 or send e-mail to
        lhambrick@ aol.com.

        For more information on pagers or to sign up for a new account call
        1 800 347-4003 or send e-mail to travis@teleport.com.-DeleteThis

        For any comments or questions concerning or our services send email
        to lhambrick@aol.com-DeleteThis

Now that we know that this is a common problem, I suggest we continue to
enlist the aid of the internet by sending mail to windsurfing email
lists and posting notes to newsgroups to ensure that this does not
happen to anyone else.

-matt