Re: Windsight

From: david chaffin (chaff@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 19:19:02 PDT

From: "david chaffin" <chaff@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis>
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Windsight
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:19:02 -0700

Windsight (i.e. Micro-Forecasts) ran up several $39 charges on my account
over a 6 month period despite the account being canceled and no use on the
account. I denied authorization for further charges and attempted to
contact micro-forecasts to no avail. The phone number I have has been
changed or disconnected. I finally canceled the credit card. Even after
canceling the card micro-forecasts continued to post charges to the card --
some of which I may end up responsible for. All in all I was stung for
about $120 plus late charges on the card which I refused to pay until I sent
to collections. I am still arguing about additional charges for which I may
end up responsible.

In my opinion micro-forecasts are crooks, although the credit card company
places the blame on me for giving authorization for the original charge over
the telephone. I tried for some time track down micro-forecasts and to
involve the fraud division through my credit card carrier but finally gave
up and paid some of the charges.

If anyone knows where to contact windsight please post. If windsight is on
this list please explain. If windsight has your credit card number, I
would strongly suggest sending certified letter to your credit card refusing
authorization for windsight charges.

David