Comments re Coyote, etc.

From: George Haye (geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 20:39:14 PST

From: "George Haye" <geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Comments re Coyote, etc.
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 20:39:14 PST

Some ideas and comments re the Coytote situation:

1. Peter (Eyes4Hire), you asked for input. Somehow I cannot send you
e-mail. The AOL mail-rejection daemon won't let me send you mail. I have
no concept of why that is.
2. I read through the text that Peter and Greg put together, and there
were a lot of great ideas. Excellent summary of the situation / possible
effects.
   a. Regarding the anenometer test, etc., etc. -- perhaps as the public
meeting rolls around and as the SFBA newsletter goes out, and as the
sailing season starts, maybe there will be a few more volunteers who
could act alone or be organized into teams, each handling certain tasks
(some large, some small). This appears to be key -- there could be a
central location such as the SFBA website with a list of items that need
to get done, or someone's phone number who can convey the same info --
where people who want to help can actually browse or call and get a task
to do.
         Just an idea.
   b. You mentioned a letter from North Sails regarding racing, etc..
perhaps the ASD guys could obtain such a letter?
   c. To be accurate and to not minimize the importance of the inside
sailing area at Coyote, I would state that the inside area is good not
only for beginners, but also for anyone else who prefers to stay close
to shore (tricksters, folks who havn't windsurfed that much lately, and
perhaps some senior windsurfers -- who may be excellent, but would
rather not spend their day 2 miles offshore.)

-George