Re: Coyote Point Alert

From: Bob Indig (bob@quake.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 17:45:28 PST

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:45:28 -0800
From: Bob Indig <bob@quake.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Coyote Point Alert

Directions (assuming you know how to get to Coyote Pt)

Just prior to entering the park turn left on Airport Blvd. ASD is
located at the corner of Airport Blvd and Lang. Their phone number is
650-348-8485.

For both the Burlingame and airport expansion projects there is some
reason to be encouraged. Although big money/business is behind each our
trump card is the BCDC. The Bay Conservation and Development Commission
has to give approval for all projects that are at or near the Bay. The
SFBA was able to successfully petition the BCDC for mitigation that
resulted in the creation of the new 3rd Ave site. Getting their approval
for filling in a good part of the Bay to build runways is no slam-dunk.

My take is that we (windsurfers) need to be prominently visible
throughout all of the planning meetings. It is important for us to voice
our concerns. It is possible or likely that the planning commission
decisions will not be favorable. The real battle is at the BCDC
meetings. By showing we have been part of the entire process, rather
than jumping in at the last approval meeting the windsurfing community
will be in a stronger position to positively affect the final decisions.

Bottom line: Be prepared to attend public comment meetings, write
letters, don't be too discouraged at possible negative outcomes at
planning commission/city council meetings.

Bob