Re: Davis Point

From: David R. Fielder (dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 08:58:09 PST

Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:58:09 -0800
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis (David R. Fielder)
Subject: Re: Davis Point
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

As I'm sure Zeev would agree, it's liable to be extra lonely at this time
of year. Also, NE winds sounds relatively offshore to me. Both conditions
encourage buddy sailing if at all possible.

        Good luck to all!

                 David

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:35:27 EST
> From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
> To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
> Subject: Davis Point/Lone Tree Point on NE wind?
>
> Anyone ever tried Davis Point/Lone Tree on the kind of NE wind we are getting
> today?
> The real time wind map at USGS shows 15-20 knot side shore winds. I find the
> model to usually be accurate.
>
> http://sfbay7.wr.usgs.gov/wind
>
> Peter
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Topic No. 2
>
> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:22:42 -0800
> From: Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
> To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
> Subject: Re: Davis Point/Lone Tree Point on NE wind?
>

> I bet that wind direction is good, but I wonder if the
> wind is actually reaching the water. I live in the Oakland hills
> and this am the wind was really going off - sustained 30,
> gusts well over 50 (pretty official - talked to a park ranger
> on my am run in Redwood park)
>
> for Davis Pt. I find this web site to be very accurate
> http://nimbo.wrh.noaa.gov/Monterey/SFODARDC.html I have
> correlated the readings after a few summer sessions.
>
> A NE wind direction would be sweet there as you would not
> have to endure the slog which is required in SW winds. As I
> am sure you know, you would also want to time your sailing
> there with the current - it's not like Crissy, but it exists. Flood
> is best for NE winds (opposite of SW/ebb).
>
> Later, Zeev.

"Rig for the Moment" DRF's Statistics:
  USWA Member #US212 185 lbs/6'6"
  Berkeley-His Lordships Bic Veloce 278 & 288 XLS
  Marina Bay & Wherever Windwings 7.5/6.7/5.8/4.9