RE: Any recommendations for sites at the Gorge?

From: Lev Belov (levb@pointcast.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 11:38:18 PDT

From: Lev Belov <levb@pointcast.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Any recommendations for sites at the Gorge?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:38:18 -0700

I only sailed 3 sites at the Gorge: Rowena, Rock Creek, and I forgot the
name, some place on the north side of the river, east of Dalles with an
island just near the beach...

The Rock Creek is great for light sailing (or, at least what's considered
light in the Gorge). The river is over a mile wide there, the current is
not too strong and the swells not to large. It is kinda hard to find and it
is easier to get there with a 4x4, but it's a great place. It is also the
only place I've seen in the gorge with fairly long reaches.

It is somewhere between Hood River and Rowena, on the Oregon side.