Re: coast this weekend?

From: Scott Winkler (scott@force4.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 13:39:06 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:39:06 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Scott Winkler <scott@force4.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: coast this weekend?

I don't know if the COTW sensor is where the windtalker is, or if they are
the same, but the windtalker was on the bluff above Waddell, and you
definetely
wanted 20+ up there to have decent wind on the beach. Didn't make the
coast this weekend, but was nicely powered on 5.5 at Sterling Suites
Saturday, and was treated to a full plane back to the launch; a first for
the season! Sunday was a skunk day, despite good COTW forecasts, although
it appeared that COTW may have been out; the sfo atis was reporting 290 at
17knots at 5:00pm.

At 12:12 PM 8/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>How was Waddell and/or Davenport this weekend?
>
>I am trying to correlate the Call of the Wind readings to help decide when
it makes
>sense to make the drive to the coast. When the Waddell COTW reading is
below 20, I
>have been reluctant to make the drive.
>
>Tnx
>
>BobP