Wed. night at the Sign

From: Jeff Roberts (jroberts@tdl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 09:51:16 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:51:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeff Roberts <jroberts@tdl.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Wed. night at the Sign

What an excellent evening sail! It was a repeat of Monday (sorry Zeev):
strong 5.0 during the flood turning to an ebb with nice ramps. Backed off
later (8:00). I just love the end of day up there. The low angle sun
shines through the wave crests making them golden and sparkling.

Jason Voss (of ABK) launches the biggest air I've ever seen. He also
'glides' it for a looong time. People were urging him to throw the
forward. That was amusing, a gallery on shore (mostly his ABK friends)
taunting slightly. He is preparing for it--I thought it interesting
watching a pro prepare for a new move. Very analytical, visualizing, etc.

Some grumblings from the better sailors about clueless people jibing
without looking for clearance etc. I did observe some foolishness. Be
careful!

My dog and I skinny dipped after the session. No one seemed to mind.

JR