Re: Mon Sherman pm session

From: steve shugart (steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 14:57:43 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Mon Sherman pm session
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 98 14:57:43 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

Chris Wrote

  Then when the flood started I headed for home at Mach 1 on a crazy
> downwinder. The only thing to watch out for up there is stumps in the water,
> as my next time up there I trashed a fin on a piling that was pretty far
> offshore. And of course, because you are COMPLETELY alone, practicing the
> loops there probably isn't the way to go :)
>
> Chris.

There are actually rocks or old leeves exposed at low tide above Sherman, just off the little island above the access. Then there are the stumps or old pilings
up higher. By just off I mean 80 yards or more, look for the waves, swells breaking.

I sailed Windy Cove from 5-8pm, used the 5.3 Rave/8'5" Enduro, was very nicely
powered. The swells were not that great for an ebb, it was great to sail after
three weeks off.

steve
steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis