Re: Friday at 3rd

From: Deleted (deleted@netscape.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 10:29:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:29:31 -0700
From: "Deleted" <deleted@netscape.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Friday at 3rd

Hi,

I had a univeral joint seperation at Candlestick on Sunday. (Had this
happen once at 3rd too about 2 years ago). The internal screw came
loose. Lucky for me I was by the pier near shore. I was water starting
when it happened. I would say this is my fault for not checking my gear
enough before hitting the water. In my excitement I overlooked the
usual visual/physical check over. From now on I plan to take my
universal apart for a check up at least 3-4 times during the sailing
season. Probably best to replace every 3-4 years depending on how
often you sail.