RE: Sherman/Sign

From: Darin WACS (Darin_WACS@city.palo-alto.ca.us-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 11:30:00 PDT

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:30:00 -0700
Sender: Darin_WACS@city.palo-alto.ca.us-DeleteThis (Darin WACS)
Subject: RE: Sherman/Sign
From: Darin_WACS@city.palo-alto.ca.us-DeleteThis (Darin WACS)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Jeff,
Is is possible for you to keep your windsurf stories about windsurfing,
or is that too much to ask.
----------
From: WIND-TALK / NTMAIL (wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
To: DARIN WACS / CPA, CH
Subject: Sherman/Sign
Date: Thursday, July 09, 1998 6:36PM

<<File Attachment: SHERMANS.TXT>>
Sender: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Jeff Roberts <jroberts@tdl.com-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

Skipped out of work around 3:00 went up to Sherman. Light traffic, got
ther in near record time. Picked up repaired harness at Delta. What a
deal, $15, like new. Anyone want a new DaKine Surf Seat? I used it twice
while my other one was getting fixed. The new one has too high a hook for
me and is a bit too big (large). Make offer.

Headed out the levy road in anticipation--wind is up today. A young woman
was walking west on the road with her dog. I don't think she heard us
coming due to the breeze. Pulled up along side and glanced over at her.
Whoa! We make eye contact and are startled. She had the front of her top
DOWN and was evidently sunning her breasts! She quickly fumbles with the
top. Too late Betty...heh. This is gonna be a great day. BTW, she had a
nice tan.

Pulled in at the Sign. Tried it twice before, but this was the first time
it was really blowing. Rigged a 5.0 for my 260 (160 lbs). Went out in
the remnants of the flood. It was ok, but it dropped off and I came in
for the 268. Much better, planed through the holes. Made some tacks,
yea! Wind picks up as it starts to ebb. Back in for the 260 and downhaul
the sail a bit more. Powered to overpowered, very nice. Big ramps.

My impression: I think this place is good, but I don't like it as much as
the access. The reach is longer, but somewhow this does bunch up the
sailers a bit. The ramps were big, but the angle on the starboard tack
was often right into them. Also, the swells didn't seem as rolling as
upwind of the access or the secret spot, a bit more irratic. Also noted
some definite vibes from the sign regulars. I suspect they harbor some
resentment that 'their' spot has been taken over. Oh well, I have been in
RVWA for 5 years, donated time and money, so I hope they get over it.
I'll buy 'em all a beer.

Jeff