Re: Lost Coast

From: steve shugart (steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 09:41:51 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Lost Coast
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 98 9:41:51 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> Does anyone know about sailing the lost coast? Time to get there from SF and
> best access? The Northern point looks like it would be great wave sailing as
> far as coastline direction and wind availibility goes.
> Are there reef breaks and point breaks there or beach breaks?
> TD

While sailing at Pistol, I was talking to the Mendocino boyz and they indicated the sailing was good there. Of course they also told me lots of Rocks and nasty launches etc. when he saw my interest pick-up. Once you go that far, you might aas well go to Pistol. But if my memory is correct, you do head for that northernmost point. He wouldn't give me directions, so it must be good.

If you find out more, I'd be interested....

Steve
steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis