Crissy virgin

From: Jonathan Ross (jonathanr@MySoftware.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 10:12:16 PDT

From: Jonathan Ross <jonathanr@MySoftware.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Crissy virgin
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:12:16 -0700

Wow - had my first Crissy field sailing experiences on Sat and Sun - I'm
so impressed with that spot. Parking 10 feet from the sea, plenty of
space to rig, great views, amazing wind, some good chop to jump off in
the middle. Even had loads of female windsurfers, something usually
lacking in my home seas of the UK. Saturday was 30 knots, maxed on a 4.5
which was pretty interesting. Sunday was mellower, maxed on a 6.3 till 4
then changed down to a 5.2 nicely powereed up till 6. Went all the way
upwind under the bridge to the fort there, gybed and came off the plane
and realised I was doing about 10 knots upwind under the bridge due to
the rip - scary stuff. Also came across some odd patches of completely
flat water in the middle of the channel with water appearing to be
welling up or down somehow, was glad I didn't fall in there.
Anyway, if anyone sails crissy regularly look for my big battleship grey
dodge van next time it's windy.
Question: does anyone have insurance for 3rd party liability here? If
so, where can you get it? I saw numerous close calls where someone was
trying to show off by gybing right next to the beach and fluffed it and
went crashing into people - and seeing as this is the land of the
lawsuit I thought I'd better protect myself. Any ideas?
Cheerz
Jon