Re: Light wind sail for lil' sailor

From: Eyes4Hire (Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Apr 21 1998 - 23:31:55 PDT

From: Eyes4Hire <Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 02:31:55 EDT
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Light wind sail for lil' sailor

Jon Morse wrote:

> Hot Sails are known for being extremely light weight- check out their
> Spiderlock RAF

I sail Hot Sails and would probably recommend the newer Hot Fusion over the
Spiderlock. The Spiderlock powers up quickly which is great for an advanced
sailor watching a wave dropping in, but it doesn't qualify as easy handling
for the less experienced sailor. The Fusion is no cam RAF that performs great
in a broad range of conditions and is easy to handle.

I also might consider one of the new generation camless racy sails that were
designed with the larger sizes in mind. Hot makes the Hyper which I haven't
tried. I did try a Naish Koa 6.0 at Kanaha in Maui and it was great. It was
easy handling and quick.

Peter